Looking to improve your property? Consider a consumer unit upgrade…
Is your wiring more than twenty years old? Do you constantly have to replace fuse-wire or fuses when a fuse blows, rather than simply re-set a switch? Does your existing fusebox or consumer unit have RCD protection?
Do you have on old consumer Unit similar to the one pictured above?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to these questions then you may want to have a modern Consumer Unit installed similar to the one shown below.
Modern consumer units (sometimes referred to as Distribution Boards or Fuse Boxes) have built in safety features including Residual Current Protection Device (RCD) which can save lives, prevent fire and comply with the requirements of the current Wiring Regulations).
Unlike old wiring systems, a modern consumer unit contains miniature circuit breakers and RCD protection devices which can be simply switched back on without the need to change fuses or replace fuse wire.
In our experience, all our clients who have had modern consumer units installed have been totally satisfied with the peace of mind that RCD protection gives to your premises or home.
Our Consumer Unit guarantees and backing
- Experienced, fully qualified City & Guilds electricians to ensure expertise
- Full range of tests to BS 7671 (2008)
- An easy-to-read typed format – not illegible, handwritten reports!
- We will also provide Circuit Identification, Mandatory Distribution Board Labels and Schedule of Installations, where necessary
- We are SAFEcontractor accredited and a registered member of NAPIT and the Government Standard Trustmark. NAPIT is one of the five regulatory bodies in the UK.
- All our engineers are smartly turned out in ACtest uniform and strive to work in harmony with our clients!
If you would like a Consumer Unit quotation, please complete the quotation form on the left or call freephone 08000 433728 or, alternatively, 0208 6362978 if you are calling from a mobile.
If you already have a modern consumer unit installed within the last 20 years then you may be looking for a Electrical Installation Condition Report formerly known as Periodic Inspection Reports/Fixed Wiring Report (which is a detailed report on the fixed wiring of an installation) to determine the electrical infrastructure of your building.
Back to Domestic Electrician Services